This notice shows our commitment to protecting your privacy rights and sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
You may provide some information to us, for example when you enquire for or make an application for the GigPay Africa A Services, register to use and/or use any GigPay Africa Services, by filling in forms or by us phone, e-mail, web chat or otherwise. We may collect some of it through automatic means, for example by using cookies when you visit our websites.
We use the information we collect about you to provide you with the products we offer, to notify you about changes to our products, and to improve our products. We also use this information to provide you with information about other products we or selected third parties offer which are similar to the ones you have used or enquired about or we think may be of interest to you. If you use one of our financial products, we will also use your information to assess your financial situation and to try to identify and prosecute possible frauds.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect and use personal information about you, including when you interact with us, register for a GigPay Africa account, use the GigPay Africa Services to make purchases or otherwise conduct financial transactions or otherwise visit or use our GigPay Africa Services. The personal information we collect includes:
Your basic personal details, including first and last name, and copies of your personal ID documents; Contact information (including your address, phone number, email, or other information that permits us to contact you); Account information; Registration details; Financial information and tax identification information;
Transaction details; Technical information, including Information about the device you use to interact with us, and Information from your visits to our websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to operate our business, including the GigPay Africa Services. For example, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
1. verifying your identity, including during account creation and payment password reset processes;
2. verifying your eligibility as a User of GigPay Africa Services;
3. processing, maintaining, and managing your registration as a User;
4. contacting you in relation to our provision of Gig Pay Services, contacting you in connection with any communication preferences or requests you have expressed, asking you for feedback about Gig Pay Services or other related products and services, collecting feedback from you and your staff about our products and services and using such feedback to improve our business and/or customize products and services; sending you information about products and services, including for promotional purposes; and contacting you for legal purposes;
5. assessing, detecting, investigating, preventing, or remediating fraud, data breaches, or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities and otherwise protecting the integrity of our platform;
6. managing our risk, performing creditworthiness and solvency checks on Users, or detecting, investigating, preventing, or remediating violations of your agreements with us or any of our applicable policies, industry standards, guidelines, laws and regulations, etc.;
7. making disclosures as may be required by any rules, law or regulation, regulatory authorities, government officials, or other third parties, including any card association or other payment network. Such disclosures may also be made pursuant to any subpoena, court order, or other legal process or anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing reporting, tax requirements, or other commercial disputes);
HOW DO WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will keep your personal information in accordance with our policies and for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the GigPay Africa Services or other purposes as set out in this notice. In addition, we may retain your personal information for a longer period (including after you are no longer a User) if it is necessary to comply with laws and regulations applicable to us. We use a variety of security measures and technologies designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection and privacy laws and regulations. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account information (username, password, etc.) for GigPay Africa Services in your possession or control.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND SITES
The GigPay Africa Services and our website may provide links to other websites and services (including other online merchant sites) for your convenience and information. These services and websites may operate independently from us. Linked services and websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for these websites or services' content, any use of these services or websites by you, or the privacy practices of these services or websites.
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.